Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Nostalgia & History > Classics GM/EMD's Meet

Date: 11/04/06 23:26
Classics GM/EMD's Meet
Author: fjc

Former SD45's, rebuilt by MK into SD40M-2's, with GP40 radiator sections. And my old Cadillac 67's Coupe De Ville that I took for a day trip to Tehachapi, back when gas was a bit cheaper.

Date: 11/05/06 00:29
Re: Classics GM/EMD's Meet
Author: TopCat

Wow, what a classic threesome!!!!

Nice shot there frankie.

TopCat

Date: 11/05/06 07:09
Author: SW1200

At least the Caddy was able to stay clean! Nice.

SW1200

Date: 11/05/06 13:24
Author: fjc

Yeah, considering I drove it down from San Francisco, was a bit dirty when I got back though. I wish I had kept it, it rode like a dream, only had 50k original miles on it. It was handed down from my grandfather who passed on in 81' and was stored in my parents garage for 14yrs until I decided I wanted to drive it. It was a magnet for trouble with folks always trying to run into you, hard to park in San Francisco and at the time a gas guzzler with that big block 492 I believe that it had in it. It still remains today, I sold it to a conductor at work when I was in Oakland, then he in turn sold it to a fellow conductor who wants to keep it original.

SW1200 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At least the Caddy was able to stay clean! Nice.
>
> SW1200

Date: 11/05/06 23:09
Author: danf

You're not kidding Frank. This is what I found this past Friday night/Saturday morning after leaving a club and finding my hood crunched up like this. My car isn't that big, but people are very disrespectful of other cars in SF when they are trying to park. I may never paint that car as long as I live in SF (without a garage). BTW - I replaced that hood less that 12 hours after this happened. The car looks rough enough as it is...

fjc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> ...It was a magnet for
> trouble with folks always trying to run into you,
> hard to park in San Francisco and at the time a
> gas guzzler with that big block 492 I believe that
> it had in it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds