Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Nostalgia & History > Memories of Vermont 1970's 1980's

Date: 12/08/08 05:51
Memories of Vermont 1970's 1980's
Author: sooman1

Some memories of good days railfanning Vermont in the 70's and 80's.

Green Mountain and VTR at Rutland October 7, 1972

Northbound Central Vermont crossing the Georgia highbridge just south of St Albans VT June 84

Vermont Northern C420 at Morrisville VT 27 December 1977.

bob

Date: 12/08/08 12:24
Re: Memories of Vermont 1970's 1980's
Author: DavidP

Nice pics - thanks for posting! I have fond memories of the CV in the 70s and 80s, having spent quite a bit of time with family friends who had retired to a house adjacent to the mainline in South Royalton. When sleeping over I would go to bed after the southbound Montrealer passed, and set my alarm to wake up for the northbound. During daylight there would always be a couple of through freights and locals to watch, sometimes meeting at South Royalton. GP9s ruled, although on occasion CN four-axle power would appear. In the early eighties GT black and red gave way to the CV green revival scheme shown in your picture, and a small RS11 fleet came over from the DW&P to supplement the geeps. Here's a somewhat faded picture of the northbound local at South Royalton in 1975 behind GP9 4550, one of the last to wear CV's original green and gold scheme.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds