Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Nostalgia & History > Pittsburgh PCC's at Canonsburg, PA

Date: 10/02/10 22:04
Pittsburgh PCC's at Canonsburg, PA
Author: norm1153

Just a quick one, follow up from a request. This was a meet at the Canonsburg wye, August 1953. I hope to post more during my vacation this next week. James B. Holland collection.

Thanks,
Norm'

Date: 10/04/10 16:58
Re: Pittsburgh PCC's at Canonsburg, PA
Author: knightswell

I was born in August of '53, though it was one state away in New Jersey. Also have a daughter named Shannon ;>) Thanks for posting this 'very special' photo!

Date: 10/05/10 16:59
Author: rchgck

Date: 10/05/10 20:02

Here is a link to a photo from the Bill Vigrass collection showing the Tylerdale Powerstation in the 1940's looking away from Tylerdale, Washington towards the route to Meadowlands, Canonsburg and Pittsburgh.

http://www.davesrailpix.com/pitts/htm/bvp095.htm

Attached are some photos taken last year of the Tylerdale Powerstation in ruins.

The Car barn sat off to the left from the linked photo or about where I was standing in the first photo.

Date: 10/10/10 09:00

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

I put together a then and now shot of the Canonsburg sub station.

The building looks about the same but things have sure changed around it.

Date: 02/05/12 19:51
Author: Pghtrolley

Hello!

Something doesn't make sense with the Tylerdale photos. Where did the tracks go? To the East of the building or to the West? Also, if you look East from the Google image, you can see the foundation of what appeared to be another structure.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds