Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Nostalgia & History > few Santa Fe sunday dress blues . .

Date: 11/25/12 06:40
few Santa Fe sunday dress blues . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . few more dug out of the boxes taken along my old stomping grounds on Santa Fe's Third District of the Los Angeles Division. The Third District was Santa Fe's main freight route into and out of Los Angeles running sixty five miles from Mission Tower near downtown Los Angeles to San Bernardino where the main passenger route into and out of Los Angeles, the Second District, joined then turned into the First District which ran over Cajon Pass.
top: an eastbound pig train has just cleared the forty mph crossovers at Eastern Ave and is "skinin er back" passing Bandini, CA, five miles out of Hobart yard, Santa Fe's main LA area yard 12-74.
middle: a westbound approaching Buena Park, CA twenty miles east of Hobart yard 12-74.
bottom: an eastbound approaching Rana, CA, last station before San Bernardino only a few miles away 12-74.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/12 08:33 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 11/25/12 07:38
Re: few Santa Fe sunday dress blues . .
Author: Super_C

I never get tired of these, JB! Great stuff....keep 'em coming!

JCL

Date: 11/25/12 09:41
Author: the_expediter

What I find amazing is that there is no litter along the ROW...Steve

Date: 11/25/12 10:30
Author: fredkharrison

And people smirk at me now in disbelief when I tell them the UPRR used to keep their equipment just as clean as the ATSF. Thanks for posting! Great memories!

Fred Harrison
Central Point, OR
CORPpower/JSS/EORS

Date: 11/25/12 12:23
Author: 90mac

VERY nice.
90mac

Date: 11/25/12 14:42
Author: mundo

The portion from Hobart to Fullerton is now in the final stages of triple track and with both increased freight and passengers, we can expect some 4th track now far away.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds