Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Nostalgia & History > Milwaukee's Fish Creek Canyon, MT

Date: 12/24/12 07:45
Milwaukee's Fish Creek Canyon, MT
Author: jc76

Anyone know a resource that has pictures of the Milwaukee in Montana's Fish Creek Canyon post electrification. I have seen a few pics with the electrics...any out there with diesels?

Date: 12/24/12 11:37
Re: Milwaukee's Fish Creek Canyon, MT
Author: tolland

Recently, Rob L. posted a beautiful photo of the track in the canyon in late Milwaukee days to a Facebook Milwaukee group. It's an awesome place and I hope to visit it in the future. This piece of track was high on the canyon wall, maybe the most rugged of all the Milwaukee Rocky Mountain crossing. Maybe if we talk really nice to Rob he'll post that one picture here.

Best,
Jim Burrill

Date: 12/24/12 14:08

The canyon shots of Pipestone would be fantastic! Plzzzz rob....ill have to find this face book group

Posted from Android

Date: 12/24/12 17:19
Author: tolland

The group is Milwaukee Road Lines West; send your name to me on a PM and I'll add you to the group.

Best,
Jim Burrill

Date: 12/25/12 16:08
Author: rob_l

jc76 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The canyon shots of Pipestone would be fantastic!
> Plzzzz rob....ill have to find this face book
> group
>

You asked for post-electrification photos of Fish Creek Canyon; I have none. But here's the shot Jim mentioned, taken in October, 1973.

Merry Xmas,

Rob L.

Date: 12/26/12 17:19
Author: MILW16

Great photo - thanks for posting it Rob. It's amazing how good the MILW track looks there.

Date: 12/28/12 19:10

Just an awesome location!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0939 seconds