Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Nostalgia & History > Conrail & Indianapolis Union help request

Date: 04/28/13 04:27
Conrail & Indianapolis Union help request
Author: dcmkris

Hello,

I'm researching the Indianapolis Union Railway's bicentennial SW1500 #200, which would become Conrail #9601 and eventually end up on KCS today.

First I'm looking for some good pics of the unit, I've found the few that are up on the fallen flags web site. But I have struck out at anything more than that.

I would like to model this unit someday and would like to start to accumulate the information I will need to complete it.

I have a note that "Central Railroad Club of Indiana" was stenciled on the air tanks can anyone confirm that?
I assume the battery boxes have "Indianapolis Union Railway" on them is that correct?
Does anyone know for sure the color of the cab roof?

Finally I've also heard that this unit made it into Conrail still wearing the R/W/B paint scheme. Can anyone confirm that and if so, did it get CR reporting marks and does anyone have Pic's of that?
I know it went to the Akron & Barberton Railway in 1982 so I assume it was repainted CR blue at some point anyone know when?

Thanks for the help, I did a search of the archives but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Kris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0232 seconds