Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Nostalgia & History > UP Centennials 47 years ago in Wyoming

Date: 04/19/17 17:18
UP Centennials 47 years ago in Wyoming
Author: valmont

Long gone days on the UP main line in Wyoming. Feb. 8, 1970 with a pair of Centennials rolling east about 12 miles east of Laramie.

Date: 04/19/17 17:26
Re: UP Centennials 47 years ago in Wyoming
Author: ut-1

Great image, love the colors!

Date: 04/19/17 18:38
Author: rob_l

LAX on time.

Best regards,

Rob L.

Date: 04/19/17 18:47
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Ooooooh.... GREAT photo! I LOVE those big locomotives!
They really were VERY impressive, and could they ever RUN!
They really exemplified that old UP slogan:
"Big then, bigger now."

Date: 04/19/17 18:47
Author: gandydancer4

One of my favorite ALL time books is George R Cockle's book on the "Centennials". I would literally spend HOURS sucking every grain of black and white off of the pictures. Simply magnificent and STILL my favorite locomotive from the same people who brought Corvette LT-1s, Camaro Z28s, Pontiac GTOs and Hurst Oldsmobiles 442s.

Date: 04/19/17 22:42
Author: RailRat

Thanks for the great picture!..Reminds me of seeing these go by @ a UP/SF Mainline xing, in Southern California , as a kid in 1970, on my way to school. Always noticed the big open gap in the middle of these units, as they went by, that the other "regular" engines didn't have!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 04/20/17 20:00
Author: the_expediter

Shot quite a few of those Beasts in Salt Lake when I lived there in 1977-78...with my "Made in USSR occupied Germany" cold war Era Exacta 35mm w 75mm portrait lens...fantastic lens btw...now it sits unused in my closet...SHM

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds