Home Open Account Help 399 users online

Nostalgia & History > MILW 629 at Bellingham, Wa.

Date: 04/28/17 19:00
MILW 629 at Bellingham, Wa.
Author: JFArrFan

MILW 629 drags the ore cars south from the cement plant back to the yard, crossing the BN en route, as seen early in the afternoon in May of 1975

Jonathan Fischer
West Seattle, WA

Date: 04/28/17 23:09
Re: MILW 629 at Bellingham, Wa.
Author: TCnR

There's a lot to see in this photo. I've always liked the idea of Bellingham had so many elements together in the same location, two RR's, the bay, fishing and some port activity, the paper mill, the old town vs new town theme. Interesting to see how the crossing is layed out, the signals and the mechanical arm across the opposing RR. I don't remember seeing any of this last time I was in town, there were a couple of great big clay brick pulp digesters built over to the left, or so.

What strikes me though is that's a lot of cars for a switcher. I thought the cement plant was up a long grade and then more than a few miles away.
thanks for posting.

Date: 04/29/17 06:30
Author: refarkas

What a busy scene!
Bob

Date: 04/29/17 07:57
Author: Waybiller

This is awesome! We moved to Bellingham after the Milwaukee pulled out, so love seeing pictures of them in Bellingham.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds