Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Nostalgia & History > Oakland 16th St. Station

Date: 05/23/17 18:14
Oakland 16th St. Station
Author: MEKoch

I was driving around the old station building on Friday. Fenced off and there were construction trucks there indicating some activity. Does Oakland have a plan for the site?

North of the station was a massive homeless encampment along the street parallel to the tracks. In general the neighborhood is rough. I have a friend who bought a house near 32nd & Adeline. So far he is quite happy with his purchase.

Date: 05/24/17 17:10
Re: Oakland 16th St. Station
Author: Brodiesel710

People rent that station out a lot for music videos, events, movies, etc. Its kind of a dump though. I used to live down the street from it. I have seen drawings of Wst Oakland development plans involving that station and more shopping center and condos, etc. But who knows.

Date: 05/24/17 22:06
Re: Oakland 16th St. Station
Author: clem

Some entrepreneur is holding a "photo event" in the station on June 24 & 25. $40 gets you in for 90 minutes to wander around and take photos. I don't remember where I first saw this; it might have been a TO post.

https://allevents.in/alameda%20county/abandoned-16th-street-station-in-oakland-photography-outing/624800514371601

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds