Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Nostalgia & History > A Bayshore Roundhouse memory from 1961

Date: 07/20/17 19:07
A Bayshore Roundhouse memory from 1961
Author: photobob

Doing a little maintenance on a Geep at Bayshore Roundhouse in 1961. One of my favorite hangouts in my youth.

Robert Morris Photography
http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/index.html

Date: 07/20/17 21:14
Re: A Bayshore Roundhouse memory from 1961
Author: TonyJ

One of my favorite places too.

Date: 07/20/17 22:22
Author: ssloansjca

Great shot, thanks for posting it!

Steve Sloan

Date: 07/21/17 06:18
Author: jbwest

Thanks for the blast from the past. Spent a lot of time at Bayshore, mostly from 3:59 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. Anyone who worked at Bayshore in the afternoons knew that the new stadium across the way for the Giants was going to have a wind problem around game time. But if they could start the games around midnight it would be very pleasant.

JBWX

Date: 07/21/17 06:44
Author: drumwrencher

A few years later, and I *think* Commute Geep 3008 is on the same house lead...? Note the roof changes on the roundhouse. What was left of the clerestory was removed not too long after your pic, IIRC. Except the small piece over the paint shop. It's still there, hanging on by a sliver.

I might have posted this one before, but it's worth a second look... Back in 1961, they still had a working backshop, although it was more of a roof over diesel mechanic's heads than a machine shop. Did you ever walk over there, and get a pic of the backshop?

Thanks for the memories, Photobob. Great pic.

Walter

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/17 09:57 by drumwrencher.

Date: 07/21/17 13:50
Author: mojaveflyer

Great photos! I love the wings at both ends of the commute geeps and the low nose GP-9s were some of my favorite power on the Permanente Local. Thanks for sharing!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds