Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Nostalgia & History > An Old Book About PRR Rectifier Locomotives, But is it Rare?

Date: 07/20/17 19:22
An Old Book About PRR Rectifier Locomotives, But is it Rare?
Author: Larry020

This book showed up in a donation to our museum at http://www.gsmrm.org

Here are photos of the cover, spine, and three random pages.

ʎɹɹɐ

Date: 07/20/17 19:29
Re: An Old Book About PRR Rectifier Locomotives, But is it Rare?

I misspelled my own name in my last post.  I accidentally got the L out of there.

ʎɹɹɐl

Date: 07/20/17 20:59
Author: JLinDE

Definitely keep it until you find out what it may be worth using several posts. I probably saw one of these real locos in the early 50's when I was a kid. I do not need the book at my age, I have enuf stuff to shed now. But someone somewhere will want it, so do not get rid of it without more research on it's potential value!

Date: 07/20/17 21:20
Author: CPR_4000

Yes, it is rare! Pennsy had only two pairs of those class E3b B-B-B experimentals built by Baldwin with Westinghouse electrical gear. There was also a C-C version, class E2c, also two units. Pennsy had similar units with GE electrical gear.

I'll give you five bucks for it. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/17 21:22 by CPR_4000.

Date: 07/21/17 08:54
Author: kevink

Neat find. This book is one of those that should be scanned and shared instead of wasting away with in some collection.

Date: 07/21/17 16:17
Author: anthracite

I fully agree with kevink on this.

Date: 07/21/17 16:46

You'll be glad to hear that scanning the book was our plan all along.  A friend has been doing just that for many railroad (locomotive) repair manuals.  He's looking forward to this project.

ʎɹɹɐl

Date: 07/21/17 20:50
Author: Atlpete

Great find, I nearly fell off my chair seeing this. Thanks to all for the information, it would be most excellent if similar factory manuals for the other two PRR "experimentals" could be located, scanned
and combined with this along with additional text and photos into the quintessential resource for this fascinating series of motors. I recall seeing photos of these in the encyclopedias in school as a kid under captions suggesting that electrification of the modern wave of future. (sigh)
Well at least we got the E-44's, for awhile....

Date: 08/03/17 06:13
Author: Gonut1

Ironic, These two three truck locos are on the PRR calendar for this month (Aug 2017)!
Gonut

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds