Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Nostalgia & History > Hello, from (Username) RailRat then Boomer92 now back to RailRat

Date: 09/18/17 04:14
Hello, from (Username) RailRat then Boomer92 now back to RailRat
Author: RailRat

Sorry for any contusion!..Joined TO in 2014 during all the 4014 move stuff with username RailRat, and posted some photos. Then the past year posted most of my Videos of 844/3985 in Northern Nevada from 1990's, Since I finally had a good system set up, to convert my VHS tapes to digital, plus wanted to kind of fill the void of the absence of any recent UP Steam operations. Decided to change my username to Boomer92 about 6 months ago, after getting kind of "Bugged" over an an email from Ed D (UP Steam Mgr.) asking what my username (RailRat) means: "Documenting Train movements while on my Pest Control Route". Anyway back to having fun now, and most of my videos posted here, from now on, from a 43 Tape collection, will be documenting UP/SP Engine Lash-Ups and Trains, and UN-usual sounding horns, from Southeast Idaho and Northern Nevada, from 1990 to 1995, just before SP was taken over by UP, Plus Eastern Idaho RR early years. Most of my Interest was with exotic/foreign borrowed power, seen on the UP, and especially the SP, in its final days, Plus WP Power that ended up on UP and Eastern Idaho RR. That's Why I Posted this statement here under Nostalgia and History. Most of my interest kind of fell off after the UP/SP merger in 1996, then really came to a stop in 1999, after getting a job with DBI International, as an Off-track/On track weed spray contractor for the UP (No More "Foaming"!)..till 2003. But the "Rail-Bug" need to share thing never really left, is still very important to share what has been captured in the past! Thanks for Looking, Love this site!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/17 06:25 by RailRat.

Date: 09/18/17 04:46
Re: Hello, from (Username) RailRat then Boomer92 then back to Rai
Author: Bob3985

Jim,
Hang in there. I enjoy your posts and the memories I was a part of creating.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/18/17 15:01
Re: Hello, from (Username) RailRat then Boomer92 then back to Rai
Author: RailRat

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jim,
> Hang in there. I enjoy your posts and the memories
> I was a part of creating.

Hats off to you Bob! Plus the Old Steam crew! Seeing 8444 in 1989 really sparked my interest in documenting Railroads, and putting music and model trains on the back burner for awhile.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds