Home Open Account Help 181 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP Moor Hill,Nev. Eastbound Works up through S-Curves 4-12-1995

Date: 09/18/17 06:10
SP Moor Hill,Nev. Eastbound Works up through S-Curves 4-12-1995
Author: RailRat

This view is looking west towards Wells,Nev. Camera position is west of Moor Summit. Many times I saw quite a few SP trains fighting their way up this hill, sometimes wondering how they made it all the way up with barely enough power to get the job done, and many of those times without a camera. Today I had time to pull off the interstate to Moor Summit, and drive the RR access road west a bit down hill, to get a good shot of an Eastbound powering up through the S-Curves. Many times I would set up right at Moor Summit Siding, to catch an eastbound blasting up the hill, only to find they would cut down the power to stop and wait for a Westbound. Boo-Hoo! But Today I out smarted them! Please excuse last few seconds of video in Elko, didn't have time to edit out.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/17 14:22 by RailRat.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/18/17 09:29
Re: SP Moore Hill,Nev. Eastbound Works up through S-Curves 4-12-1
Author: LittleDoc

Shouldn't that be Moor Summit?

Steve

Date: 09/18/17 12:00
Author: rev66vette

Great video.....

Date: 09/18/17 14:26
Author: RailRat

LittleDoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shouldn't that be Moor Summit?
>
> Steve

Thanks, and Corrected to "Moor" even spelled it "Moore" in my video notes from back then.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds