Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Nostalgia & History > La Junta in the night

Date: 10/14/17 07:13
La Junta in the night
Author: santafe199

My wife (at the time) & I were on the way home from riding the D&RGW’s classy Rio Grande Zephyr. We had ridden the train from Denver out to Grand Junction where she had several relatives. With a homeward bound destination in east-central Kansas we decided to drop down the Front Range from Denver and take US hwy 50 east. By doing so the railfan half of this traveling duo could follow his beloved Santa Fe all the way home to Emporia.

An overnight stop in La Junta, CO netted me the opportunity to take a few night time, available light shots. Here is one of my results. The original slide had a bit of that ghastly nuclear green cast. It was a common malady for those of us who preferred to shoot Kodachrome at night with available light only. Now, thanks to the modern miracle of home photo-editing I can correct much of that horrid color. I wasn’t in the habit of keeping exposure notes. But for those of you interested, my exposure with Kodachrome 64 in the camera was most likely 30 seconds with my standard 50mm Canon 1.4 lens set at @ f5.6.

1. AT&SF 4010 sits solo in La Junta, CO on the evening of November 19, 1979.

Thanks for looking back!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/22 04:03 by santafe199.

Date: 10/14/17 12:19
Re: La Junta in the night
Author: robj

Nice image, great PS work, not easy to get green out and retain color.

Bob

Date: 10/15/17 02:09
Author: Contax645

This looks great Lance. Thank you for posting this.

Gary

Date: 10/15/17 11:43
Author: santafe199

Contax645 Wrote: > ... Thank you for posting ...
It's my pleasure, Gary! I do love shooting at night with available light...

Lance/199

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds