Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Nostalgia & History > Loafing in Las Vegas...

Date: 10/15/17 10:21
Loafing in Las Vegas...
Author: Copy19

I don't know if this gent is a station loafer or a boomer, but he is dressed nattily with his hat, suspenders, dress shirt and slacks. He picked a good spot in front of the Union Pacific depot in Las Vegas, Nev. with its iconic neon shield looking down on Fremont Street and the city's famous Glitter Gulch. This is a 1950s view, before the slogan "and Domeliners" was added to the "Road of the Streamliners" sign.

John Bromley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/17 10:30 by Copy19.

Date: 10/15/17 12:31
Re: Loafing in Las Vegas...
Author: santafe199

Copy19 Wrote: > ...  I don't know if this gent is a station loafer or a boomer, but ...

...but he sure makes the shot even more interesting than it already is! What a cool era, when many RRs proudly put their names, and their passenger trains' names up in lights. In living color, no less!

Lance/199

Date: 10/15/17 13:04
Author: TAW

Copy19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know if this gent is a station loafer or a
> boomer

For sure he's not a Weed Weasel - no weeds.

TAW

Date: 10/15/17 13:47
Author: starsandbars

Does anyone remember a pair of eagles either on the Las Vegas Depot or freight house?

Date: 10/16/17 08:34
Author: ShastaDaylight

Great image! The UP streamlined station in Las Vegas was a great place to hang-out on a hot summer evening waiting for the eastbound "City of L.A.!"

Thanks for sharing!

ShastaDaylight

Date: 10/19/17 14:02
Author: Copy19

starsandbars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone remember a pair of eagles either on
> the Las Vegas Depot or freight house?

Not on the depot. I never paid any attention to the freight depot. There were always express box cars parked alongside, blocking the view of the building.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds