Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Nostalgia & History > C&NW activity in Casper, Wyoming

Date: 02/19/18 11:48
C&NW activity in Casper, Wyoming
Author: superfleet

I made a business trip to Casper, Wyoming in 1996, my first time there. The business I worked for backed up to the defunct Amoco Refinery and I believe that was BN trackage as I remember seeing newly painted BNSF H1 paint on the mixed motive power. What I was told is that the old C&NW line was "across the street" and dying a slow death. The week I was there I never saw any signs of C&NW activity. My request, does anyone have images of the C&NW in Casper, and, can anyone relate the activities of the C&NW in that city and what happened to them?

Thanks much,

Dan in Wichita
a long ways away from that line....

Date: 02/19/18 12:15
Re: C&NW activity in Casper, Wyoming
Author: miralomarail

Here's the CNW # 4512 at Casper, WY May 1981

Date: 02/19/18 12:47
Author: GPutz

You are inquiring about the C&NW's "Cowboy Line." Highgreengraphics, on TO, wrote a TRAINS magazine article about it in '89, I think. Gerry

Date: 02/19/18 15:12
Author: callum_out

I seem to remember that a few bits and pieces of CNW in Casper got saved for local industries, town is one busy
place on BNSF.

Out

Date: 02/20/18 18:44
Author: superfleet

Thanks for posting that image, does anyone know of a good video/dvd available that documents the Cowboy Line?

Thanks again,

Dan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds