Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Nostalgia & History > Going for the "turkey shoot"

Date: 05/24/18 06:02
Going for the "turkey shoot"
Author: Copy19

Every once in awhile during my younger days in Southern Nevada I had to do what my friend "RustyRayls" does today: abandon my home road,
Union Pacific's traffic thin LA&SL, in Las Vegas and drive over to Kingman, Arizona or down to Needles, CA to the Santa Fe for some high volume train watching. Here are a couple of examples; the first from the Kingman depot and a few miles further west in Kingman Canyon.

Date: 05/24/18 07:01
Re: Going for the "turkey shoot"
Author: Bob3985

Great photos John. That does a fine job of depicting the area.
FYI, I still look at that painting on my living room wall and think of you daily.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 05/24/18 07:39
Author: stevelv

Great stuff John! Amazing to me how the Kingman station area used to look considering that my first time there was in 1996. Too bad they got rid of most of those nice trees on the right. I also have not seen many shots of AT&SF SD24's in the Zebra stripes scheme. Like them and the old code lines in the canyon.
Steve B.
Henderson, NV

Date: 05/24/18 17:00
Author: GBW309

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Date: 05/26/18 01:47
Author: Evan_Werkema

No grab irons above the windshield on the F7 and zebra stripes on the SD24's puts the date some time in 1959-60. Thanks for sharing photos from a seldom seen area in that era!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds