Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Nostalgia & History > I like the video but I love the song

Date: 09/23/18 08:59
I like the video but I love the song
Author: BrianA

Last night while downloading video of a 1996 MRL Rocky Mountain Daylight trip to PlayMemories some of the clips were randomly collected to a video with this song attached. This song is great but I have no idea of who plays it or the name of the song. I'd love to hear the full version.  Any ideas?

Brian Ambrose
Renton. WA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/23/18 09:59
Re: I like the video but I love the song
Author: thehighwayman

BrianA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last night while downloading video of a 1996 MRL
> Rocky Mountain Daylight trip to PlayMemories some
> of the clips were randomly collected to a video
> with this song attached. This song is great but I
> have no idea of who plays it or the name of the
> song. I'd love to hear the full version.  Any
> ideas?

Could be some stock music or even from a music package included with some brands of editing software.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 09/23/18 10:09
Author: Railbaron

Through the marvels of modern technology, it appears to be "Broken Souls - Original Mix" by Dani Garcia.

I hated hearing music I really liked but couldn't figure out the name of - then I found the Shazam app for my phone and I'm a happy camper; no more wondering.

Date: 09/23/18 14:08

I just listened to Broken Souls - Original Mix" by Dani Garcia.on YouTube and that is a completely different song than this one.  Can you try the Shazam app again and see if the results are different?

Brian

Date: 09/23/18 17:40
Author: czephyr17

That's a tough one, Brian.  I tried using Shazam on it six times.  Twice it came back with no results, and four times it came back with a different answer each time, none of which matched the music in the video when I tried playing them back.

Date: 09/23/18 18:39
Author: Railbaron

I've always had good luck with Shazam but this time, like others have noted, I get muliple answers. I'm curious so I'll try more later as now you have me curious.

Date: 09/23/18 19:30

Thanks guys, I love a mystery but love it more when it gets solved!  If you can't figure it out I am guessing no one can.

Brian

Date: 09/24/18 19:59
Author: Atlpete

This sounds like one of those altered fake book versions of a commonly recognizable "riff", created because if you followed the orginal too closely would get you into copyright violation.
This "strategy" is commonly commissioned in Advertising, TV and Radio to control production costs by avoiding royalty fees, though if you get too close to the original you can get burned if its litigated.
Riffs, melodies etc. by a host of bands and artists have likewise been ripped off for decades, the most common theft in recent memory being AC/DC's "Back in Black".
ad nauseum.
The example here sounds verbatum like the signature to the intro and chorus riff for Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" albeit uptempo with a programmed drum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/18 20:04 by Atlpete.

Date: 09/25/18 20:59

Thanks.  I'll go with that.  Kind of funny that the song that grew on me wasn't really a song at all!  And I can hear the Pat Benatar song in there too.

Brian

Atlpete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This sounds like one of those altered fake book
> versions of a commonly recognizable "riff",
> created because if you followed the orginal too
> closely would get you into copyright violation.
> This "strategy" is commonly commissioned in
> Advertising, TV and Radio to control production
> costs by avoiding royalty fees, though if you get
> too close to the original you can get burned if
> its litigated.
> Riffs, melodies etc. by a host of bands and
> artists have likewise been ripped off for decades,
> the most common theft in recent memory being
> AC/DC's "Back in Black".
> ad nauseum.
> The example here sounds verbatum like the
> signature to the intro and chorus riff for Pat
> Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" albeit
> uptempo with a programmed drum.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0537 seconds