Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP 9811 East at Upton mid-1990's

Date: 11/18/18 17:53
SP 9811 East at Upton mid-1990's
Author: photobob

This was one of my favorite photo location when I moved up here however mother nature has stepped in and covered the track view with shrubbery.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 11/18/18 18:08
Re: SP 9811 East at Upton mid-1990's
Author: DynamicBrake

Great shot Bob.  Looks like you guys had a decent winter!  Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 11/18/18 19:39
Author: refarkas

This would make a first-class magazine centerspread.
Bob

Date: 11/18/18 21:24
Author: E25

That's a really splendid image.

I sympathize with your loss of that view.  In my "younger days" I would regularly patrol some of my favorite spots with a brush saw and spend some time "cleaning-up" the view when nobody was around.

One time I was with the CEO of a PNW shortline which was running a special movement that we were photographing and came upon a splendid view that was blocked by a 40-ft high fir tree "probably" within the RR ROW .  I told him that I "just happened" to have a chain saw in my trunk that could definitely improve the view.  So with his blessing, over it went into a ravine.

Funny thing, though is that one of the locals heard the chainsaw and called the Sheriff to report illegal "logging."  When the Deputy showed up he asked what we were doing and I told him we were just "clearing brush."  So, then the next question was, "Do you work for the railroad?"  I replied "No, but that guy does" as I introduced him to the RR CEO.  "Have a nice day." was his next comment.

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 11/18/18 22:06
Author: spdaylight

Colourful lash up . . exceeded of course by Mt. Shasta . . .  when driving south to Palm Desert each January from Canada . . always hope the normal clouds don't obscure the peak . .

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds