Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Nostalgia & History > The Diplomat At Warwick, Ohio

Date: 12/14/18 23:32
The Diplomat At Warwick, Ohio
Author: refarkas

On Wednesday I told gcm I'd try to post a repost of B&O's Diplomat at Warwick, Ohio. Here is the westbound morning B&O Diplomat headed by C&O 4011 rounding the curve in Warwick, Ohio in the late 1960's.
There is a very good chance today's photo was taken within a few days of Wednesday's photo.
Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/18 23:35 by refarkas.

Date: 12/15/18 00:01
Re: The Diplomat At Warwick, Ohio
Author: krm152

That C&O paint scheme is one of my favorite,.  You caut the train at a very nice location.
Appreciate your posting.
ALLEN

Date: 12/15/18 02:49
Author: gcm

Wow - thanks for finding this great shot.
Interesting train with the C&O and GP9? units.
Also looks like a Pullman troop sleeper being used as an express car.
Thanks again.
Gary

Date: 12/15/18 05:39
Author: King_Coal

I always enjoy a photo of a train with Mail & Express. This one is really nice.

I tried to google map Warwick Ohio, but did not come up with results that are making sense. Any tips?

Date: 12/15/18 07:14
Author: bridgeportsub

Warwick was the name of the tower. Try putting in Rittman,Oh . While evryone else is on the the E unit,I like the GP 9 with the torpedo tanks running 2nd.

Randy

Date: 12/15/18 08:42
Author: refarkas

Try Clinton, Ohio. Follow the tracks west under a mile through a curve. While today this is officially Clinton, the railroads (CSX and RJ Corman) and many people who live here still call it Warwick. Use the satellite map and you should find WARWICK Tower (Still used by MOW).
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds