Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Nostalgia & History > UP Centennial 6936 Elko Nevada, Snow on Ground, Happy Holidays

Date: 01/04/19 01:33
UP Centennial 6936 Elko Nevada, Snow on Ground, Happy Holidays
Author: RailRat

Feburary 1996 in Elko,Nevada, I caught UP Centennial 6936 and 3333 shuffling its STOG train together before departing east towards Ogden after a snow storm left about 8 inches on the ground, wiyh more to come later, but this evening was calm so far. No telling what kind of weather was ahead of them after they left Elko, as the skys were definately fore-boding, to say the least, in this very unpredictable weather out here in Northern Nevada.  Tonight was very cold,to say the least! This is a video from a rented Hi 8 Tape Camera that I was very unfamiliar with, then transfered from the camera, to a High Quality VHS Recording deck back then, I accidentally recently found this copy, thinking that I had never transfered it from Hi8 to VHS, But Apparently I did back then, Suprise,Suprize! Hope you Like!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/19 12:07 by RailRat.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/04/19 10:22
Re: UP Centennial 6936 Elko Nevada, Snow on Ground, Happy Holiday
Author: zfan

Very cool!  My dad always talked about going through the detector at Deeth, between Elko and Wells, with a -30 temperature one time.  Good old SP days.  

Date: 01/04/19 18:29
Re: UP Centennial 6936 Elko Nevada, Snow on Ground, Happy Holiday
Author: atsf121

zfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very cool!  My dad always talked about going
> through the detector at Deeth, between Elko and
> Wells, with a -30 temperature one time.  Good old
> SP days.  

I remember our car freezing up getting on 80 in Elko years ago. Low was around -30 and the high wasn’t much higher. We were stuck at the hotel for 2 more days, finally got going again on Christmas Day and made it to grandma’s before dinner. Dad was nervous the whole way that the car would freeze up again. To this day I think that is the coldest I’ve ever been in. And we had wondered why we had seen all these big semi’s pulled off the side of the road on our first day - they had frozen up, too.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds