|Home||Open Account||Help||251 users online|
Nostalgia & History > Walking Through the Rock Island Roster, Part 2, F-units
Date: 01/06/19 14:44
Walking Through the Rock Island Roster, Part 2, F-units
The Rock Island had many F-units. Here are some of the lower numbered ones. Many more to come.
1. CRI&P 38, one of 12 Rock Island F2As, all built in July 1946, seen at South Chicago, IL Yards on May 13, 1964. The second unit is an FA-1.
2. The first unit is CRI&P FTA 99 in South Chicago Yards on May 13, 1964. She was built in April 1944.
3. CRI&P 104 and MILW 926 at the Milwaukee Road station in Minneapolis, MN on June 8, 1964. The F7A was built May 1949 and the Baldwin S12 was built in 1951.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/19 19:44 by MartyBernard.
Date: 01/06/19 14:45
Re: Walking Trough the Rock Island Roster, Part 2, F-units
4. CRI&P F7A 104 again and MILW Baldwin VO1000 933 (built in 1944) at the Milwaukee Road station in Minneapolis, MN on June 8, 1964.
5. And I caught Rock Island 104 again passing UD Tower and beginning to cross the GM&O and AT&SF diamonds in Joliet, IL on September 21, 1964.
6. Look at this power lash-up. The leader was CRI&P F7A 112 in Rock Island, IL on August 18, 1964. This F7A was built in May 1949. Unfortunately the slide is not good enough to read the other engine numbers. But it looks like there were two more F7s and two FA-1s.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/19 15:02 by MartyBernard.