Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Nostalgia & History > Coast to Coast in 1983-84

Date: 01/10/19 10:44
Coast to Coast in 1983-84
Author: ns2557

Hello everyone, Thought I'd share 2 shots this morning. After getting off the USS Carl Vinson and heading for duty at NAS Fallon Nev  I spent some time at home in Harrisburg Pa before heading west. And after getting settled at my new duty station at NAS Fallon and learning my way around here are 2 for ya.

Shot 1. The D&H received trackage rights over CR as a condition of the CR Merger. They sent at least 1 train south and then back north each day. Train was RW6, The Paper Train, which in this case, crossed over the bridge at Rockville and into Enola. It was later they started running straight south thru Hbg and onto the Port Road at Roy Interlocking which was on the south side of Middletown Pa. But here is D&H GP39-2 7612 with 3 of it's fellow units on the NB version at Inglenook Pa, which is about halfway thru the siding at Ferry along the Susquehanna River. June 25 1983.

Shot 2.  After getting my bearings on where to go in the Fallon Nev area I found myself along the tracks from Hazen west to Sparks and Reno on many a day. On a cold day in spring of 1984 I caught this wb with all DRGW power headed for Sparks/Reno and west from there. A Grande GP40-2/SD40T-2/GP35 lead this one thru Hazen Nev at track speed, which was rather quick. Once again, the tracks to Fallon and the Mina Branch are to the right here in shot.

Sure miss those days.  Ya'll be well and take care. Be safe. Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds