Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Nostalgia & History > Chicago pre Amtrak where at? my first try with video

Date: 01/16/19 16:01
Chicago pre Amtrak where at? my first try with video
Author: KCRW287

I came across a couple of 8mm film, all railroad related jammed packed 400' reels, around 1970. I have no idea exactly how this will work, i might have to get it pulled. This short take is from a reel of all Chicago. Forgive the banner, if this works i will by the program. 7kscav

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/16/19 16:37
Re: Chicago pre Amtrak where at? my first try with video
Author: Englewood

GREAT FILM

Scene:
1. An eastbound IC Iowa Line train on the St. Charles Air Line just east of Clark St.
2. Departing IC trains at Central Station.  Weldon tower can be seen in the background.
3 to end.  All at 21st st. interlocking. First train is the inbound GTW International.  Great shot of the GTW Maple Leaf power headed lite to
Dearborn St. station and returning later with the train.  The L&N train is the Danville Flyer.
The PC freight train running wrong main is probably a PIBN or ELBN headed to BN Cicero yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/19 16:39 by Englewood.

Date: 01/16/19 17:00
Author: czephyr17

I would be willing to bet the Penn Central train between 1:01 and 1:09 is Train 22, the Manhattan Limited, departing from Union Station.

Date: 01/16/19 20:10
Author: RailThunder

Great stuff from a bygone era.  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 01/17/19 04:43
Author: santafe199

What fun that must have been! Picking a spot, knowing there would be virtually unlimited action...

Lance

Date: 01/17/19 10:15
Author: ATSF3751

The first GTW train had several ex-UP coaches in its consist that were acquired a year or two previous I believe.

Date: 01/23/19 21:38
Author: jridge

KCRW-
Great video!  Did you purchase the program?  Hope to see more videos like this without the banner.
Jeff

Date: 01/24/19 16:23
Author: TikiOwl

Thanks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds