Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Nostalgia & History > Warwick, Wednesday - OHCR 5408

Date: 01/23/19 14:28
Warwick, Wednesday - OHCR 5408
Author: refarkas

Today's "Warwick Wednesday" is a study in simplicity. Northbound OHCR 5408 and OHCR 5407 and their train are sitting across South 1st Street just south of WARWICK Tower in Warwick, Ohio on July 5, 1996. More than likely they are waiting for the CSX dispatcher to give them permission to enter CSX's small yard in Warwick. Sometimes Ohio Central would block South 1st Street since it is rarely travelled compared to North Lawrence Road south of this location.
Today the OHCR doesn't interchange with CSX in Warwick, but RJ Corman still uses these tracks.
Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/19 14:30 by refarkas.

Date: 01/24/19 10:30
Re: Warwick, Wednesday - OHCR 5408
Author: Roadjob

Looks like they were fresh out of the shop. Never got on the Ohio Central, but I like the paint scheme. Also like the Warwick area. Very nice. By the way, further down line. Is Holloway still in existance. I can't imagine there is still an active yard there, but who knows?

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

Date: 01/24/19 14:15
Re: Warwick, Wednesday - OHCR 5408
Author: refarkas

The last time I saw it, the tracks ended at Urichsville. Holloway is simply a "hollow way" filled with weeds and memories but no tracks.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds