Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Nostalgia & History > MILW depot portrait

Date: 02/02/19 11:02
MILW depot portrait
Author: santafe199

Here’s a follow-up to my MILW Depot Friday from yesterday. In talking with the person on the right I was able to ID the person in the middle, who was along for the ride with the person on the left, who had come up to Missoula for a short visit with the person behind the camera & the person on the right. Got all that?? There will be a pop-quiz in the morning…

1. Railfan grab-portrait taken March 3, 1988 in Missoula, MT. Left to right: John Arbuckle, his traveling companion Alan Ryder (sp?) & Dave Franz. John is late TO member “The Chief Way” and Dave is current TO member “monaddave”. I don’t know if Mr Ryder is on board TO or not, but I’ll wager somebody here on TO might know him. BTW: That Rin Tin Tin-looking character lounging on the tarmac was an on-set extra in this photographic production…

Thanks for looking up your notes, Bob-a-loo!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/19 11:03 by santafe199.

Date: 02/02/19 11:49
Re: MILW depot portrait
Author: valmont

OK, so who's on first?

Date: 02/02/19 12:07

yes

Date: 02/02/19 12:12
Author: Hou74-76

Who is the one with the pointed ears?

Date: 02/02/19 12:43
Author: fbe

Hou74-76 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is the one with the pointed ears?

The costume Lance wears to gain access to restricted locos. He has learned to like getting his ears scratched.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/19 12:49 by fbe.

Date: 02/02/19 12:43

Hou74-76 Wrote: > ...  pointed ears?

I dunno. Maybe he/she was Milwaukee Road fan just hanging around...

;^)

Date: 02/02/19 14:13
Author: Shack

Got this off the web the best look.

Date: 02/02/19 16:06

Shack Wrote: > ...  Got this off the web ...

That's a nice look! When I arrived in Missoula in '87 for MRL start-up I knew I had missed something pretty special in all the pre-1980 MILW juice action. Not to mention pre-1979 Amtrak action on the BN side (now MRL) across the Clark Fork. In the 4 years I lived in Missoula I could tell I missed out on lots of scenic urban shots along the former Milwaukee r.o.w. That's not even counting the miles of Montana scenery outside of town on either side...

Do you have the photographer's name and a date for this shot? I'd like to add a copy in my MILW file, with all the proper credit, etc. Thanks...

Lance/199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/19 18:43 by santafe199.

Date: 02/02/19 17:23
Author: agentatascadero

How cool would it be to see the Hiawatha making it's station stop here?

AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 02/02/19 18:12

This may help ,but i don't know  http://evergreenrr.blogspot.com/2012/11/

Date: 02/02/19 18:40

Shack Wrote: > ... This may help ...

Indeed it did, and thanks for the link. There was quite a bit of history in those images. And I was able to scare up a date: 6-8-74. And a very interesting first name. It appears that a "Mr Jerry _______" played football for the University of Montana right there in Missoula, and went on to play for the NY Jets for a while. Now if I just knew anything about pushing search engines to their potential, I could find "Railfan Jerry, ex-U of M Grizzly & ex-NY Jet"

Lance/199

Date: 02/03/19 08:25

So good that you got some help on that. When i was looking for info i saw this one no info too , a  Derailment on the NP  line ???                  

Date: 02/04/19 14:27
Author: agentatascadero

This one appears to be the Mainstreeter, and it does not seem to be making a station stop, the platform is empty, and the train is not using the paltform tracks.

AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds