Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Nostalgia & History > Nevada Copper Belt Motor Car No. 21

Date: 03/07/19 20:56
Nevada Copper Belt Motor Car No. 21
Author: px320

I shot Super 8 Sound Movies of excursions and special events on the Sierra Railroad from 1976 until 1979. This clip is from footage I shot of a test run with Dick Reynolds' Nevada Copper Belt Hall-Scott Motor Car No. 21 Yerington. It was shot in 1978 or 79.Many of the individuals seen, including Bugs, Bill Coffer and Al Wilcox are no longer with us. I'm not sure where Ron Core might be.The Sierra Railroad was a magical place during the 70's.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/07/19 21:12
Re: Nevada Copper Belt Motor Car No. 21
Author: wpamtk

I have fond memories of the 21 running at Rio Vista Jct. (before its fateful one-way trip to CSRM in 1981), usually with Bugs at the helm. Having only one powered axle (the chain to the other axle on the rear truck had broken), if the car stopped at the "Chabot Road" platform at the bottom of the hill, it couldn't make it up the grade to Laflin (the stop across from the bookstore). We would use the Visalia Electric 44-tonner in helper service to tow it up the hill. 

Date: 03/08/19 12:02
Author: BobP

What, no valve cover?

Date: 03/08/19 15:38
Author: px320

BobP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What, no valve cover?

None, I was told it never had one. apparently they wanted to know the top end was getting lube.

Date: 03/08/19 20:44
Author: Atlpete

Great footage, thanks for positng 
the shots of the motor reminded of a ship's engine room, that valve rocker action was fascinating.

What exactly happened to this gem?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds