Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Nostalgia & History > Depot Friday - La Grange, Texas

Date: 03/22/19 14:14
Depot Friday - La Grange, Texas
Author: Jason-Rose

My Grandfather visited La Grange, Texas many years ago and while there he snapped a photo of the old MKT Depot. Shortly afterwards, he painted it. Knowing of my love for railroads, he gave me the painting for Christmas in 1999 and it now hangs in my dining room.   A work trip got me within 8 miles of La Grange this week. So, after I finished my project, I drove into town to get some photos. After having looked at his painting for decades, it was a bit surreal to see the depot in person. My Grandfather passed away 2 weeks ago and this visit was a poignant way to say goodbye.

1) My grandfather's painting and my photograph of the Depot
2) Close-up
3) Looking east, towards Houston

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/19 14:20 by Jason-Rose.

Date: 03/22/19 14:15
Re: Depot Friday - La Grange, Texas
Author: Jason-Rose

4) Close-up of west end
5) Looking west
6) Cabeese

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Date: 03/22/19 16:19
Author: cozephyr

Wonderful homage to your grandfather-Depot looks great thanks to your grandpa & Depot volunteers-!

Date: 03/22/19 20:24
Author: jgilmore

Good stuff. Clearly not the shack outside La Grange, you know, where they have a lot of nice girls... 🤣

Posted from Android

Date: 03/22/19 20:41
Author: UP951West

May I extend my sympathy to you after the passing of your grandfather. 
This is a very nice thread . Thank you for sharing your story and images , especially your grandfather's painting. --Kelly

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0518 seconds