Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Nostalgia & History > Saturday Matinee from British Columbia some PGE BCOL RDC,s Alco

Date: 03/23/19 06:42
Saturday Matinee from British Columbia some PGE BCOL RDC,s Alco
Author: KCRW287

A short film out of BC, has a RDC train, Alco power, BC Hydro, PGE BCOL. Unknown locations, probably mid 70's.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/23/19 07:24
Re: Saturday Matinee from British Columbia some PGE BCOL RDC,s Al
Author: spdaylight

Classic footage  . RDC scenes look like they are just south of Whitler,  switcher scenes are all at  the North Vancouver yard, BC Hydro scenes are at their Trapp Road yard in New Westminster, BCOL runby is in West Vancouver, lakeside scene I think is in the Anderson Seton Lake area (Hogger Doug could confirm), and I think the last scenes are in Squamish(?)

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/19 07:53 by spdaylight.

Date: 03/23/19 07:57
Author: perklocal

Wow !  I like all the old PGE paint. I think that shot along the water is on Gates Lake at Birken. The northbound train with the RS3s and mid-train helper looks like its on the Lillooet Sub around Gibbs and Indian Reserve. The thing that really got me was the RS27 in demo paint. IIRC BCOL leased two of these around 1973-1974. That FM swicher was also a surprise. Ex-Weyerhaeuser?  Fantastic footage ! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 03/23/19 09:49
Author: stevelv

Great stuff!  Very enjoyable clips.  perklocal mentioned most and I totally echo his observations.  I also liked the radio controlled DPU in there.

Date: 03/23/19 10:10
Author: hoggerdoug

The FM unit is a FM H10-44 built in 1949 and I believe it was Columbia & Cowlitz D-1 and BCR renumbered to 1004 and scrapped in 1975. The RS27's  (675 & 676) were temporary leased from MLW. Originally were UP units and when retired from UP, they were bought by MLW  in 1971 for the start of their leasing fleet including units ex UP 675 to 678., prior to that they were Alco demonstrators and the 675 was numbered 640-2. Oddly enough I saw the 675 & 676 in UP colors on the CN in Dundas Ontario as they headed east to Montreal and MLW.

All the other images are great, including North Van, perhaps Squamish, looks like a shot at Pemberton, north of Birken and the train with the remote units would be on Kelly Lake Hill maybe around Gibbs or approaching Pavillion. Too bad there was not any sound with the movie.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds