Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Nostalgia & History > Signal Sunday: still the Santa Fe?

Date: 05/19/19 12:47
Signal Sunday: still the Santa Fe?
Author: santafe199

During my recent trek to & from the Keystone State I was afforded ample opportunities to practice this thing called railfan photography. I’ve been to Bucklin, MO a few times and had very little luck seeing trains on the transcon. And I have yet to see anything on the old Q down below. My pass through Bucklin on the 6th was yet another dry run…

One thing that took me by surprise was the classic Santa Fe overhead, searchlight signal bridge still in place at the SW corner of town. I just had to stop and walk over the crossing for a quick photo-study. With the oppressive overcast I decided to click off a shot in ‘water-color’ effect mode with my D7100. A little bit of fun in Photoshop gives us the result seen below. Now if we reminiscing fans could just put our collective memories together and place a red F-unit nose with a yellow cigar-band approaching it will be a complete image. Of course, “we” might want to move our collective memories off to one side so we don’t get our reminiscent butts run over… ;^)

1. Looking SSW (TT west) from the Meadow Rd crossing in Bucklin, MO on May 6, 2019. Is that the Super Chief I see coming at me? With my eyes closed and my imagination running wild…

Thanks for history!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/22 22:47 by santafe199.

Date: 05/19/19 14:26
Re: Signal Sunday: still the Santa Fe?
Author: mp51w

That is so cool Lance, and you have the ATS deals as well!

Date: 05/19/19 14:30
Author: santafe199

mp51w Wrote: > ... and you have the ATS deals as well ...

Oh yeah!! To crop them out would be like chopping off a couple of toes...

;^)

Date: 05/19/19 20:20
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Nice water color effect and leaving the ATS shoes in extremely proper.

Don Allender

Date: 05/19/19 21:32
Author: Ritzville

I like it! Nice to see an old signal bridge still active.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds