Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Nostalgia & History > McCloud Railway Freight going to Sierra Pacific Burney

Date: 05/19/19 17:38
McCloud Railway Freight going to Sierra Pacific Burney
Author: spider1319

Two views of the McCloud Railway freight train heading to the Sierra Pacific Mill in Burney,California.The first image is north of Berry and the second image is the same train shoving to Burney after wying their train at Berry  and picking up some empty "A" frames for loading.Maybe somebody can help with a more precise location of the images.Poor labeling stikes again.The shots were recorded in 2004.I guess this post belongs in the nostagia forum,because these scenes cannot be repeated.Bill Webb

Date: 05/19/19 17:42
Re: McCloud Railway Freight going to Sierra Pacific Burney
Author: photobob

Thanks for posting, anything about the McCloud does my heart good. The first shot seems to be around Mt Shasta City but I'm not sure.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 05/19/19 17:43
Author: dancollins3

THANK YOU!
THIS IS GREAT TO SEE!

Date: 05/19/19 19:49
Author: JDLX

I agree with Bob, first picture appears to be the Everitt Memorial Highway crossing in Mt. Shasta City.  Second picture is the Goose Valley Road crossing a mile or two back of Sierra Pacific mill. 

I grew up outside Burney, McCloud railroads have always been near and dear to my heart.  Wrote a big history book about the operations a couple years ago. 

Thanks for the photos! 

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 05/19/19 21:07
Author: sp8234

Very nice, Thanks for posting

Tim
Hanesworth

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds