Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Nostalgia & History > RFD-TV Trains and Locomotives Show

Date: 09/11/19 04:42
RFD-TV Trains and Locomotives Show
Author: nydepot

I just happened to see this show this past Monday. It's on from 5-6PM Eastern. Monday's show was "Illinois Junctions 2" showing mainly BNSF trains.

Here's a link: https://www.rfdtv.com/story/22875109/trains-and-locomotives

I didn't see any branding, like they are showing a Pentrex or Plett's Express DVD. 

Date: 09/11/19 05:19
Re: RFD-TV Trains and Locomotives Show
Author: Spoony81

nydepot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just happened to see this show this past Monday.
> It's on from 5-6PM Eastern. Monday's show was
> "Illinois Junctions 2" showing mainly BNSF
> trains.
>
> Here's a
> link: https://www.rfdtv.com/story/22875109/trains
> -and-locomotives
>
> I didn't see any branding, like they are showing a
> Pentrex or Plett's Express DVD. 

It’s been on for a number of years and is all repeats now I believe. They used to use a lot of Goodheart Productions and Herron Rail Videos with others mixed in.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/11/19 06:40
Author: ironmtn

I used to watch it regularly when RFD-TV was part of my DISH channel package. Looked forward to it every Monday.

I no longer have DISH, and only have mere Comcast cable, which I would ditch in a millisecond if I could. For various technical reasons, easier said than done (as is starting with DISH again), although I am still looking at ways to join the growing ranks of "cord cutters." And I would be glad to get RFD-TV again, both for the Monday railroad content, and other programming as well. But it is not available with Comcast (excuse me, "Xfinity"), at least in my area. RFD-TV has a direct subscription "RFD-TV Country Club" watch-anywhere option, but it's a fairly pricey subscription at $90 a year. Although I'm a city boy, I've always been close to rural areas, had many friends and family members who were farmers or ranchers, and I enjoy rural lifestyle topics. RFD TV is an enjoyable channel, and much better than the 100-plus channels of shlock otherwise available.

MC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 06:49 by ironmtn.

Date: 09/11/19 12:24
Author: callum_out

Yes, most definitely for the "Hee-Haw" fans out there!

Out

Date: 09/11/19 13:13
Author: Bob3985

I believe those Illinois videos were produced by Greg Scholl when he ran Green Frog Productions.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/11/19 13:42
Author: MaryMcPherson

Bob3985 Wrote:
> I believe those Illinois videos were produced by
> Greg Scholl when he ran Green Frog Productions.

Right you are, and I passed him shooting one of them.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 09/11/19 20:44
Author: Panamerican99

I don't think Greg ever ran Green Frog but he can answer that himself as he is on Trainorders.

As fo our shows, most have been cut down to the 52 minute format of RFD-TV so the DVDs they represent are, mostly, longer, some up to 90 minutes.  Also, RFD pays us nothing to air the shows. We do get occasional orders from their viewers most of them are not really railfans but see the videos as nostalgia videos. I had one order from a viewer who recognozed her grandfather in one program.

-Jim Herron
www.herronrail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 20:48 by Panamerican99.

Date: 09/12/19 11:54
Author: MaryMcPherson

Panamerican99 Wrote:
> I don't think Greg ever ran Green Frog but he can
> answer that himself as he is on Trainorders.
>

I missed the Green Frog bit before I answered....  A number of Scholl's programs are in the regular rotation.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1263 seconds