Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Nostalgia & History > Floridan shot on Amtrak

Date: 11/30/19 14:23
Floridan shot on Amtrak
Author: rhburn3

I am thinking that this shot was taken from the "Silver Star."  I went from Savannah to St. Petersburg, FL in June, 1977 to visit my parents.

Any location thoughts.

Rick Burn

Date: 11/30/19 15:09
Re: Floridan shot on Amtrak
Author: Topfuel

This would likely be at a location where they combine the two trains from Miami and Tampa, such as Auburdale, FL. 

Date: 11/30/19 21:54
Author: chess

This looks like Auburndale, FL looking south towards Miami, with the train on the left in the old can yard?

Date: 12/01/19 05:52
Author: texchief1

Nice shot, Rick!  I really liked that paint scheme on the SDP40Fs.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 12/01/19 22:28
Author: RailThunder

Yes, this is Auburndale, Florida.  The train picturedi is the northbound Miami section of the Floridian arriving on the exSeaboard Airl Line in the process of crossing over to the Can Yard to combine with the St. Petersburg section whcih had arrived in Auburndale on the exACL and backed around the connection track to await the Miami section.  The two sections were combined in the Can Yard (Alcoa Can Company was due east) in the early years and later the combinations happened directly on the exACL main.  

Great picture and thanks for sharing!

Date: 12/02/19 18:11
Author: BuddPullman

A former Kansas City Southern baggage car behind the SDP40F with the bottom rail to protect from scrapes by baggage wagons.  Cool photo. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds