Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Nostalgia & History > Hey Californians, remember snow?

Date: 02/26/20 12:59
Hey Californians, remember snow?
Author: Mr-Beechcroft

This was the scene at Oroville Yard exactly 30 years ago.

Adam

Date: 02/26/20 13:32
Re: Hey Californians, remember snow?
Author: atsf121

Yikes!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/26/20 15:26
Author: trackplanner

Is this guy facing east or west? The sand tower in the background makes me think east, so I wonder how he got turned towards the canyon if he came down that way. 

Date: 02/26/20 18:08
Author: CajonRat

Shucks, forgot the carrot...

Date: 02/26/20 18:17
Author: Bob3985

I'll have to see if I can find any notes I took but that may have been the called for us to bring the UP 900080 out from Cheyenne to assist.
We plowed Portola yard while waiting for the call to head to Keddie and head north. We plowed up to Westwood when they said to take our plow and head back.
I am not sure but I sort of felt that the crews still held animosity toward UP and wanted us out of their territory. So we parked the plow in Oroville in case they needed us again. We eventually went back out and brought the plow home to Cheyenne.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/26/20 21:52
Author: spladiv

The ex-WP guys still have animosity, I hear new and different stories all the time.  Most of it is actually directed at the MoPac officers that were turned loose on the WP and the UP.  The UP Board of Directors placed the MoPac management more or less in charge of the combined system.  To say that they had an anti-employee attitude is a severe understatment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0264 seconds