Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Nostalgia & History > B&O 3836

Date: 03/20/20 23:42
B&O 3836
Author: refarkas

B&O 3836 leads an eastbound freight in Akron, Ohio on December 12, 1967. Soon she will pass under the walk bridge connecting the Greyhound Bus terminal with the B&O's Akron Union Station.
Bob

Date: 03/20/20 23:45
Re: B&O 3836
Author: krm152

Nicely composed action photo.  Great location choice.
Thanks for the well done photo posting.
ALLEN

Date: 03/21/20 04:17
Author: gcm

Another great shot from the depot area.
I'll bet you caught an EL or B&O passenger train while you were there.
Gary

Date: 03/21/20 07:00
Author: Roadjob

Amazing how much that scene changed by the mid 70s. Photos really are windows into the past. Like the Reading GP30. I didn't think they got west of Cumberland. Never saw one on Sand Patch.

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

Date: 03/21/20 07:25
Author: ClubCar

Roadjob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amazing how much that scene changed by the mid
> 70s. Photos really are windows into the past. Like
> the Reading GP30. I didn't think they got west of
> Cumberland. Never saw one on Sand Patch.
Yes, it is amazing that with all the photographers, who were out there during that period of time, I have not seen a Reading engine in photos on Sand Patch either.  However; knowing all the railroad workers whom I knew years ago on the B&O, there were some times when Reading power came east into Baltimore and then went west on the B&O.  So it was most likely the same thing, from time to time, when a Reading unit came into Cumberland, Maryland and then went west up Sand Patch.  As the years went on, even before the Western Maryland was merged into the Chessie System, Reading units were coming into Hagerstown on the WM and B&O units also visited Hagerstown.  So anything was possible and I had engineers tell me that on occasion, they had Reading power on the B&O here in the Baltimore area, however; it was rare as the general rule.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds