Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Nostalgia & History > November 1963

Date: 03/25/20 11:33
November 1963
Author: thebluecomet

I've been going through well over 100 original slides that were purchased years ago from various people.  Most were bought at the old Dieruff High School Train Show in Allentown, PA.  One of the best shows at the time.  Bought out just about everything Paul Carpenito had then.  Hopefully I can share them as they really need to see the light of day.

Anyway, among the slides is this image from a duplicate slide.  No photographer noted, merely dated November 1963.  Taken at Bound Brook, NJ, one of the best hotspots even today.  The Lehigh Valley PA's worked freight duty for a few years after they dropped their passenger service in 1961.  Here a westbound freight rolls past the CNJ passenger station.
As many of us know November 22,1963 was a date that changed history with assasination of JFK.  I call recall with vivid detail the day even now.  Sitting quietly in my classroom waiting for any news to be announced.  Coming home to my mother in tears.  Things began to change beginning that day.  
Be safe out there!

Date: 03/25/20 12:41
Re: November 1963
Author: refarkas

Super image.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds