Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Nostalgia & History > Mike Ondecker Photos From The Same Glassine Envelope - (#3)

Date: 03/26/20 02:30
Mike Ondecker Photos From The Same Glassine Envelope - (#3)
Author: refarkas

I know it is hard, but try to look beyond the damage. The first several ( a couple more to come) of Mike Ondecker's photos in this envelope were from properly-processed negatives, but I did not realize most of the negatives in this envelope were damaged negatives. These must have been from a different roll of film. While the rest of the damaged images were roster shots, this caught my eye. Although some of the damage could have been repaired, this is presented in its damaged form with almost no repairs. 
This is the best image from those damaged negatives. PC 5442 is in the Youngstown, Ohio area in 1968. Again, try to look beyond the damage.
Bob

Date: 03/26/20 05:10
Re: Mike Ondecker Photos From The Same Glassine Envelope - (#3)
Author: LV95032

Fungus on the film?

Date: 03/26/20 05:35

I hope it is not fungus. Instead I think it is a processing defect.
Bob

Date: 03/26/20 06:49
Author: jkh2cpu

Loved the shot before I read the caption! That stuff on the negative looks like fungus to me. Blowing it up would show whether or not there were 'trails' where the fungus has munched whatever it liked in the emulsion.

John.

Date: 03/26/20 08:15

Being cautious, I put this and others like it in an envelope marked "Defective". One thing I noticed is that this happened extremely rarely and always on improperly-processed negatives.
Bob

Date: 03/26/20 09:36
Author: MacBeau

Damaged or not, that image is still worth many a moment to ponder and enjoy. The crankcase vent pipe on the RS is worthy of some words all by itself. Thanks for the time and trouble on this.
—Mac

Date: 03/26/20 15:28
Author: SlideSeller

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being cautious, I put this and others like it in
> an envelope marked "Defective". One thing I
> noticed is that this happened extremely rarely and
> always on improperly-processed negatives.
> Bob

I've seen a simular effect when bad/old fixer was used during the developing process.

Date: 03/26/20 15:39
Author: krm152

Damage does not hide a very dramatic photo with RS3 and steel mill background.
Thanks for posting another really special Mike photo.
ALLEN

Date: 03/26/20 16:08
Author: WrongMain

There is a fungus among us....but boy, this still looks great, nice and gritty, and so PennCentral.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0433 seconds