Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Nostalgia & History > Santa Fe at KC 1 Argentine & 2 Turner

Date: 04/08/20 04:49
Santa Fe at KC 1 Argentine & 2 Turner
Author: KCRW287

hre are a couple ogf photos from the ATSF at KC Ks, the first at AY tower, looks like 2915 is going west, on the left shows a part of an FT? Also shows one coming in towards AY. The 2nd shot is at Turner showing the signal, i blew up the bottom left corner, it shows that Turner had a small depot and a Tower. Does any one know where this Turner location was,TIA. KCRW287

Date: 04/08/20 05:55
Re: Santa Fe at KC 1 Argentine & 2 Turner
Author: millerdc

Date: 04/08/20 06:08
Author: LocoPilot750

The Turner depot I remember in the 90's was just north of main line 3, a few feet east of the 55th street bridge, it was a one story brick building. On google earth, I think you can still see the concrete slab where it used to be. The rear end crews on westbound crews went on duty there. That whole area including the old intermodal area on the north side of the yard out there was referred to as Turner.

Date: 04/08/20 16:31
Author: sfn2633

From Chuck Hitchcock:

I believe the depot sat on the south side of the main line and just west of the bridge. Since this is an early picture not sure if the bridge was even there. Interesting side note is that the depot was later moved to the east end of AY and became the yard office. It was modified from it's original configuration but maintained it's depot appearance. Not sure when the move was made.From Keith Jordan:

I stand corrected, it was the south side (I always confused north and south at Argentine, probably because the better access was from the north side). There was/is a brick building which became the Turner “depot” after the wood structure was moved to AY. The brick building later became a yard office and crew point.

Date: 04/08/20 18:29
Author: rrman6

The signal in #2 photo:  Did it ever have a ladder, and, why did it not have one when this photo was taken?  Know this is asking much as the autos at the depot leads us all to many decades ago.

Date: 04/08/20 18:50
Author: RedFusee

I am standing on the 55th Street Bridge looking east at the last station in Turner in July of 1986

Hiball, Karl

Date: 04/08/20 19:12
Author: LocoPilot750

Everything in the vintage photos is long gone, and replaced with the current levee system.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds