Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Nostalgia & History > Alameda Belt Portion Of June 5th, 1993, Locomotive Swap

Date: 05/20/20 11:00
Alameda Belt Portion Of June 5th, 1993, Locomotive Swap
Author: FiveChime

A lot of street running on Alameda Island to reach the Alameda Belt Yard. Good sized yard but empty by 1993 with the loss of most business on the 
island. No railroad activity now and most all the track has been removed with a huge development located where the Alameda Yard
once was.

Really feel fortunate to of had this opportunity and be in the company of veteran railroaders, Phil Copple and Errol Ohlman.

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/20/20 11:35
Re: Alameda Belt Portion Of June 5th, 1993, Locomotive Swap
Author: FiveChime

Here is an earlier sequence of OT 97 with one of the best sounding Nathan M3 horns I'd ever heard
from the Five Chime Consultant collection. I had it on this locomotive for around a year until 97 had
a break down on the line somewhere and had to remain in a bad place overnight, resulting in the horn getting
stolen.

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/20/20 11:47
Author: atsf121

That’s some great stuff Jim. I didn’t really poke around there until a few years later and I loved following the tracks around, but I couldn’t keep up with all the curves. Don’t think I ever saw a train, business was probably gone by then. Looks like an amusement ride with all the twists and turns in your video.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/20/20 14:15
Author: icancmp193

Good fun out on the Island. Thanks for sharing!

TJY

Date: 05/20/20 15:36
Author: rev66vette

Wow...really enjoyed this....didn't want it to end.....:)....I see some railfans were also out recording that run....thanks for sharing...

Date: 05/20/20 21:22
Author: HogheadMike

WOW!!  Thank you for this!  I used to attend Marine Corps Reserve training at the naval reserve center on clement AVE.  I tried following the old tracks where they were left in the street, but didn't quite put the puzzle together.  This clarified everything!  Thank you for the amazing old footage.  I love the street running and the crazy tight curves.

Date: 05/20/20 22:02
Author: dwatry

They didn't have to flag those unprotected crossings?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds