Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Nostalgia & History > Morrisons, MD Stylized

Date: 05/21/20 17:13
Morrisons, MD Stylized
Author: Cumberland

Using Adobe Illustrator, I have created a rendition of a local Western Maryland RR coal train, passing through Morrisons, MD on the former Cumberland & Pennsylvania RR, south of Frostburg. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this location's right-of-way still has its track. However, this far north out of Westernport, MD (where it connects with the West End, as well as the formar WM's Thomas Subdivision), many of its grade crossings have their rails paved-over.

Matthew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/20 17:14 by Cumberland.

Date: 05/21/20 17:46
Re: Morrisons, MD Stylized
Author: DTWilson

Fantastic work of art..... 

Morrisons is the current home for the GCK fleet... just north of this location the crossing is paved over but from Westernport to the shop the crossings are passable by rail.

Photos taken 30 May 2019 when the locomotives were moved.

Tim W.

Date: 05/21/20 18:48
Re: Morrisons, MD Stylized
Author: Cumberland

Thanks for the complement!

One thing I learned the hard way was that creating an image with curved contours vs. solid edges, required a whole new level of skill.

I used sevel references for my vantage-point. However, there is no sign of a settlement titled "Morrisons" anywhere along the right-of-way, according to Google Map's Satellite view. Is it south of Barton?

I have actually been inside the cabs of WM 7476 an 25, as part of the WM & B&O 2017 Convention. We went on a bus tour, including that area, just north of Westernport. I can see that that grey-colored locomotive has been moved somehow or another, since I visited that area.

Matthew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds