Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Nostalgia & History > Alcos and Sharks.

Date: 05/23/20 14:53
Alcos and Sharks.
Author: hank

Looking around at the CNW locomotive service area at Escanaba, Mi. in 1986.  Some of their C628 units and a 4 axle unit(c424?).  Nearby we get a quick look at the Baldwin RF16 units stored there.

Thanks for viewing.

Ron Hirsch
Springfield, Mo.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/23/20 15:36
Re: Alcos and Sharks.
Author: rev66vette

Nice video pf some interesting Alco and Baldwin equipment. Yes, the 4255 is an Alco C-425, the C&NW only had 4 of them, so that was a nice shot of the 4255.

Date: 05/23/20 17:49
Author: callum_out

After the downtown engine facility was "abandoned" the sharks moved to the middle fo the Northwest Crane facility
and were a bear to photograph though worse today.

Out 

Date: 05/24/20 06:48
Author: jburek

Yes that four axle unit is a C425 - nice video.  Would be nice to see the sharks re-activated wouldn't it.
Jeff

Date: 05/24/20 16:03
Author: TheApostleGreen

W_O_W!!!  So much eye candy packed into 2 minutes of video!  A trove of what was, and (for the most part) is no more. 
Thnaks so much for sharing this, Ron!

~Joe P.
Hainesville, IL

Date: 04/09/22 06:46
Author: digitalfreight

Did Northwest Crane own the building after P&H pulled out?

Mike 
Grand Rapids

Date: 04/09/22 08:56
Author: KCRW287

Hank, I missed this post somehow, I am glad it was brought back up. A CNW engineer I worked with said that he fueled a consist of the Alco's in KC Mo in the CNW yard, he stated that a CNW grain train came down the RI out of Des Moines to KC RI Armourdale yard, power back to Ohio Ave yard for servicing, and right back up the RI with a NB train. He said he never saw any Alco power again in KC. The power was still N&W black, with CNW stencils. Thanks putting this on. KCRW287

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds