Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Nostalgia & History > Chase along the SP on Beaumont Pass

Date: 07/05/20 12:13
Chase along the SP on Beaumont Pass
Author: thebluecomet

Followed this train for awhile heading east out of Colton.  Not certain as to the exact locations, but I believe they are in a correct order.  These are from print film and since they were never marked with any info, I am guessing the dates are from either 1994 or 1996.

Date: 07/06/20 06:48
Re: Chase along the SP on Beaumont Pass
Author: sp8192

Good stuff!  The 8013 was the last B39-8 in SP paint.   It avoided the yellow dip for quite a while...at least until 2004.

Date: 07/06/20 22:23
Author: SCAX3401

The train is actually westbound and the correct order would be Photo 1, Photo 3 and then Photo 2.

Photo 1 is at the San Timeteo Canyon Rd grade crossing west of Hinda at the east end of the canyon.
Photo 2 is at Ordway, where Alessandro Rd crosses the tracks.  The present day, UP built crossovers of Ordway are just behind the photographer.
Photo 3 is about one mile west of the old El Casco Crossovers at the setout track where an old SP tank car lived for years.

Date: 07/07/20 08:39
Author: thebluecomet

Thanks for the corrections.  I did chase an eastbound on one trip, but I didn't recall the details of this train.  I only have the prints without dates or notes.  These were simply a photo of a photo.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds