Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Nostalgia & History > An old reminder

Date: 07/06/20 07:58
An old reminder
Author: Bob3985

While I was on the steam crew we were asked to "borrow" the E's to help with a power shortage and they would be assigned to freight service between Cheyenne and Denver. Steve agreed to loaning them out as long as they paid attention to tonnage ratings so as not to over tax the traction motors.
So one day I captured the E's arriving in Cheyenne yard with their Denver merchandise. They are about to be uncoupled from the other power to return to our shop. 
I believe this was their final return trip in freight for that period of time when needed.
This reminded me of my days on the Rock Island when they would release the spare commuter E's for weekend freight service to Silvis and back.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/06/20 08:06
Re: An old reminder
Author: refarkas

A truely rare beauty.
Bob

Date: 07/06/20 08:54
Author: Fredo

In the early 90's we would have the 951 and also the 6936 come into East Yard in Los Angeles durring a power shortage.

Date: 07/06/20 09:22
Author: RailRat

Wow!, Dem's some mighty pretty freight Diesels : - )

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 07/06/20 12:16
Author: texchief1

Nice shot and lightng, Bob!

Randy Lundgren

Date: 07/06/20 12:59
Author: ironmtn

Really neat image, Bob. I would have enjoyed watching them racing south along US 85 near Nunn, Colorado. None better....!

Date: 07/06/20 13:05
Author: Roadjob

Beautiful shot!!

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

Date: 07/06/20 15:58
Author: SCKP187

Nice shot, and a beautiful set of leaders.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds