Nostalgia & History > Edaville Railroad - Found another picture

Date: 07/30/20 03:37
Edaville Railroad - Found another picture
Author: cinder

Highway overpass ?

Date: 07/30/20 03:39
Re: Edaville Railroad - Found another picture
Author: refarkas

The overhead angle makes this even better.
Bob

Date: 07/30/20 04:27
Author: SPDRGWfan

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The overhead angle makes this even better.
> Bob

Early drone effort?  :-P

Date: 07/30/20 10:10
Author: Frank30

Edaville today is MUCH different than it was in 1967. Back then you would park your car at Cranberry Junction which
was about 2 1/2 miles from Edaville Center, get on the train, ride to and get off at Edaville Center, do your visiting and get back on the
train  to your car at Cranberry Junction.  That realistic scenario of visiting Edaville didn't last long as too many people missed
the last train out.  Edaville is now under the third change of ownership/management. Most of the rolling stock and engines
went up to Maine about 2 decades ago. The length of train ride is 2 miles rather than 5 1/2.  Current ownership has added
dozens of amusement rides and a Thomas Village and Train. Entrance fee is rather steep as I believe it includes all rides.
So much of the stuff that was there when I was a kid is gone.  I'm glad I visited many times over the years, but I have no
desire to return.
Frank30

Date: 07/30/20 16:54
Author: RFandPFan

Nice photo!  I grew up in the 60's and 70's up there and we made stops every summer at Edaville on our way to the Cape.  We also went at Christmas time for the excellent light displays.  Edaville was a great place, thanks for the memories.

Date: 07/30/20 18:13
Author: tomcough

In the late 80's, I worked in Plymouth, MA.  Some days after work, I would drop by Edaville on my way home and just sit in the parking lot to watch the last trains of the day come in.  I've always been facinated by the Maine 2 footers.  

Tom Coughlin 
Stow, MA

Date: 07/30/20 19:09
Author: bigsavage

Due to my maternal grandparents living in Foxboro, Mass., my family would make Edaville a regular stop on our annual 2 week vacations in Foxboro. 
It was about a 45 minute ride when we went there from 1967-76, and these were 3 of my favorite things, besides the train rides.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds