Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Nostalgia & History > Santa Fe depot at Fort Worth

Date: 08/01/20 06:15
Santa Fe depot at Fort Worth
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Here is the Santa Fe passenger depot on the west edge of downtown.  It still stands in Good shape,
used as a event center I think.

Date: 08/01/20 06:17
Re: Santa Fe depot at Fort Worth

The freight section is on the north side of the passenger structure

Date: 08/01/20 07:08
Author: SAAP

All the above buildings still stand and are in excellent condition. The Santa Fe/Union Station is in better shape than it ever was as the Amtrak station (search for Ashton Depot Fort Worth). The Santa Fe freight station is used by the UTA as its downtown campus. Both are less than a minute walk from Fort Worth Central station.

Date: 08/01/20 07:09
Author: santafedan

Thanks, WWM.

Date: 08/01/20 07:29
Author: Crabbshell

Love those Fords

Wayne Crabb
San Gabriel, CA

Date: 08/01/20 08:19
Author: tomstp

The freight building was also the division offices in the 1970's.

Date: 08/01/20 08:19
Author: mp51w

Great B&W photos!  I bought a turqoise room ash tray in the gift shop there!

Date: 08/01/20 08:20
Author: millerdc

Actually east side of downtown.

Date: 08/01/20 10:11
Author: ntharalson

These were all a part of the Santa Fe Historical Society convention in, I want to say, 2014.  The conventioneers had lunch in the depot which is nicely restored.  Unfortunately, these very nice phtos do not show well the stained glass windows in the arches, which are really cool!  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 08/01/20 10:46

Ooops. West side of Dallas I meant :)

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/20 10:47 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 08/01/20 11:43
Author: jtwlunch

Nice pictures-I worked in the DOB as a Staff Assistant (Management Trainee) in 1980 and had a desk facing a wall in the Chief Dispatchers Office in front of Burns Ashley barking on the phone and to "Momma" his stenographer to put out wires all day.  It was a very interesting learning experience.  I got to break in with JD Blankenship a first trick train dispatcher and became acquainted with the young and handsome Danny Reynolds (term coined by a still current BNSF official) a night train dispatcher who went on to several operating positions and now retired.  His dad Dale Reynolds was Trainmaster at Brownwood.  If that DOB walls could talk and turn into a book you would not believe what was written.  

Jim Wilson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds