Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Nostalgia & History > JU Tower Question - Bethlehem PA

Date: 09/15/20 07:01
JU Tower Question - Bethlehem PA
Author: JUTower

Morning! Does anyone know what year Conrail razed the former CNJ JU tower at Bethlehem PA? I am modeling JU interlocking in HO scale in 1994 and want to be sure whether I include the whole thing or just a foundation... Thank you!

Date: 09/26/20 13:50
Re: JU Tower Question - Bethlehem PA
Author: vjb4877

Can't accuse me of not being persistent and I hope you are of the same ilk. I asked my nephew who has a great memory and "I don't remember."   I then asked my good friend who moved to Pennsylvania a good portion of his life ago (and before that was travelling to PA from NJ for the other portion of his life for railroads of course) and to Was it standing in 1994?, I got: I don't think so. If you want the answer I suggest you contact the Phillipsburg (NJ) historical railroaders who run the museum there. Almost can guarantee that someone there will give you the answer. If it were my layout I would put the tower on it in all its glory and when you do get the answer you can lean a microscopic sign against the tower!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0257 seconds