Date: 09/21/20 22:14
That bridge across the river at Tehama
Author: Mr-Beechcroft

Eastbound taken by me in 1985.

Adam

Date: 09/21/20 23:40
Re: That bridge across the river at Tehama
Author: DGOLDE

Nice photo.  Some day I will have to take a picture at Tehama of a train on this bridge.  During the winter months with it's nice low light on a sunny day the Tehama/Gerber area is a nice place with many photo angles to spent a day taking photos of trains.

Date: 09/22/20 08:24
Author: TCnR

Good stuff, looks good with the green trees in the background and the highwater... and the SP paint of course. Quite a bit of history to the old bridge, there's a few interesting photos on the web showing river boats, the original bridge, etc. Tangible, hands on connections to early California are hard to find these days.

Not sure why but I just don't feel comfortable in that area, there's always people popping up out the brush or raising big dust clouds, always soimething odd going on. Driving past it for over 40 years I may have a couple of static photos of the bridge and that's all.
t4p.

Date: 09/22/20 09:22
Author: callum_out

What an odd shot, normally the piers have all sorts of "driftwood" piled up on them, strange to see them that clean.
Very nice picture, love the consist, and all together now, We miss the SP!

Out 

Date: 09/22/20 16:59
Author: TCnR

Looking for something else and ran across this post about the bridge:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1612218,1612646#msg-1612646

Date: 09/30/20 19:52
Author: Gonut1

The spans all look different now.I guess the swing span has been modified as the remainder of the span appears to have been left as built?
go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds