Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Nostalgia & History > Dusk and the Santa Cruz Local at Capitola, CA

Date: 09/27/20 23:03
Dusk and the Santa Cruz Local at Capitola, CA
Author: TonyJ

GP9E SP3765 is one of four GP9Es assigned to the day's Santa Cruz Local on February 15, 1985. Here the train is dropping downgrade to reach the famous Capitola trestle across Soquel Creek in   Capitola, CA. The yard at Watsonville Junction is 16 miles ahead. - Tony Johnson photo

Date: 09/28/20 01:47
Re: Dusk and the Santa Cruz Local at Capitola, CA
Author: BoilingMan

Pure SP California- very nice!
SR

Date: 09/28/20 07:37
Author: photobob

Nice one Tony.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 09/28/20 10:21
Author: atsf121

That’s a great image. Sure wish I had seen the SP (heck, any train) run across the Capitola bridge. I remember watching the SP along the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, that was fun.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/28/20 12:41
Author: K6XLT

I do recall there was a derailment at that exact spot, sometime in the mid 70s. Drew quite a crowd as it was left until the following day, a Saturday. Unfortunately I wasn't taking pictures then . . 

cg

Date: 09/28/20 19:26
Author: kilroydiver

Nice image Tony, thanks for posting. The SC branch is my second favorite branch line, after the Monterey branch of course. 🙂

Dave 

Date: 09/28/20 21:05
Author: spsniper

Great shot Tony great memories! SP Scrapbook by Charles Smiley has a fantastic segment on the line to Davenport for those who want see see a long segment with maps.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds