Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Nostalgia & History > GG1 pulling Amtrak train at Safe Harbor, PA

Date: 11/28/20 12:51
GG1 pulling Amtrak train at Safe Harbor, PA
Author: SCAX3401

I was watching a TV program about the GG1 electric locomotives and there was a short clip of a westbound (northbound?) Amtrak train being pulled by a GG1 at Safe Harbor, PA.  This was on the lower set of tracks, not the tracks on the high trestle (Enola Low Grade Line).  Can anyone tell me what Amtrak train was routed this way back in the 1970's?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Date: 11/28/20 12:58
Re: GG1 pulling Amtrak train at Safe Harbor, PA
Author: eastpenn23

A section of the Broadway Limited ran on the PORB in the 70's, might be that

Date: 11/28/20 13:30
Author: ClubCar

eastpenn23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A section of the Broadway Limited ran on the PORB
> in the 70's, might be that
What is the PORB?  Can't you please spell this out for all of us?  Geese!
Are you talking about the Pennsylvania R.R. Line known as the Port Road?

John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 11/28/20 14:29
Author: MEKoch

#440-441 operated on the Port Road in the early 70s.  Later it operated into Philadelphia and then south to WDC.  I believe also the National Ltd. had a DC section.  It may have also operated on the Port Road line.  

Date: 11/28/20 14:38
Author: RuleG

The Washington section of the Broadway Limited operated on the Columbia & Port Deposit line until November 30, 1975.  The Washington section of the National Limited operated on the Columbia & Port Deposit line until October 28, 1978.  The final eastbound National Limited had GG1 4935 which was repainted in the PRR scheme.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1129 seconds