Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Nostalgia & History > Amtrak Seventies Show . . .

Date: 06/14/21 10:44
Amtrak Seventies Show . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   during the first weekend of AMFLEET service on Amtraks Los Angeles to San Diego, CA, corridor, in MAY '76, SDP40F 525 was leading a pair of new F40PH's and a long Amfleet equipped "San Diegan" westbound into Fullerton, CA. Because the F40PH's were brand new and were not yet equipped with the required ATS equipment for this run, older ATS equipped SDP40F's would lead these trains until the Redondo Junction forces could get around to installing the equipment.
JB

Date: 06/14/21 10:50
Re: Amtrak Seventies Show . . .
Author: gcm

Great shot !
It's hard to believe that Amfleet has been around so long.
Gary

Date: 06/14/21 10:59
Author: texchief1

Love that shot!

RC Lundgren

Date: 06/14/21 12:09
Author: Topfuel

I remember that time period.  It was a big, big deal when the new cars were put into service.  And the public responded in droves as Amtrak fielded some very long trains to accomodate the crowds. 

Yes, it's hard to believe that the Amfleet cars are now much older than most of the old "steam heat/DC" equipment inherited from the railroads was back then. 

Date: 06/14/21 14:23
Author: refarkas

Excellent image.
Bob

Date: 06/14/21 14:59
Author: spider1319

Thanks for the post and narrative.Your fine pic reminds me of what I neglected.Bill Webb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds